Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Edmonds to playball ?

Jim Edmonds said Monday that he felt good, and had no doubt that he'd be ready for opening day 2008, but many were still skeptical. Well today we get to find out as it seems that he'll be playing in a minor league game today testing that injured calf.

HOLD YOUR BREATH EVERYONE !!!

PEORIA, Ariz. -- Don't pencil Padres center fielder Jim Edmonds out of the Opening Day lineup just yet.

Edmonds said on Wednesday morning that he plans to test his strained right calf in Minor League games between now and the regular-season opener at PETCO Park on March 31 against the Astros.

"It's getting better. I've been running and doing everything," Edmonds said. "I know I'm going to try and get in as many [Minor League] games as I can in the next five days and get as many at-bats as I can."

Well this would bode well for our OF situation for sure if he's deemed healthy for opening day. I would love to look back and think that we all overreacted to this injury early on, after he's played in his 130th game this year.

No comments: